Looks like Assassin’s Creed III is catching a lot of heat since the first leaked images, after the confirmation from Ubisoft that the box-art is in fact real, gamers got more hyped then ever, following up they hype, we got some brilliant details on Assassin’s Creed III, which Ubisoft claims will be the biggest launch in the history of Ubisoft.
- There will be brand new environments and all-new ways to exploit them to your advantage, according to the creative director Alex Hutchinson.
- The cinematic presentations will extend beyond combat into a complex way of storytelling. The game will have actually have the Mohawk language (Iroquois) in some scenes. Mohawk was one of the languages of the native Americans.
- The development cycle was the longest compared to any Assassin’s Creed game. It seems the game was developed simultaneously with the other spin-offs (Brotherhood and Revelations). According to Ubisoft’s CEO, AC3 has been in development for three years.
- The game tells a story of Templars vs Americans. It’s not about winning the war, but a story based on the main protagonist’s life.
- The game will feature a new camera, which focuses on the best possible view of the action.
- The game runs on a brand new version of the Anvil engine.
- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. He calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.
- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for himself rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.
- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.
- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies being George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere.
- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter. This is the best new feature in Assassin’s Creed 3 as far as I’m concerned.
- You can chain kills in the game using the tomahawk and the knife.
Fighting and stealth will be completely redesigned, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a tomahawk is now also an option.
- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.
- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.
- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.
- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.
- The Brotherhood, or the Assassin’s Guild, will return in some form, albeit differently than we have seen before.
- Human shields are in, along with context sensitive actions. The target locking is gone, so the combat dynamics have changed.
- There is a fast travel system.
- There will be no more Mercenaries, Thieves, Courtesans, Romani or other factions, but there will be a replacement for them.
- Den Defense will not return.
- Expect Uncharted level of character interactions with 2.5 hours of scenes recorded.
We don’t have much details about the multiplayer yet, but they will be officially revealed soon by Ubisoft.